Monday, February 18, 2013

A Little Goes A Long Way

Super quick post here as I'm off to to pick up the kiddos! If I could I would fill all my walls with art, but realistically it's not possible. :o( There are times I want a whole wall of art and other times I like to keep it simple. Like in my kitchen. I have two small walls on either side of my sliding glass door to the backyard and they were missing a little something. Just a small touch of art.

In about 10 minutes I had two frames up! These were pictures that have been in my family for at least 30 years. I love them. They have a metallic tint to them, they are true vintage, and they are classic shots from two of my favorite places: a bay in Italy and souk area in Egypt.

Before....

After...


The bay side (one of many) in Italy

El Ghoureya Souk in Egypt

They are very old and the matts need to be changed, but they still look good and make the kitchen a little cuter. The shimmer of photos aren't too clear, but in person they add just enough sparkle to the space. I love these types of metallic photos. How about you? Do you have any vintage or recent metallic photos? Thanks for stopping by.

-Debora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...