Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Unique Find From Egypt

Hello readers. Every now and then I find a cool souvenir while traveling that I like a lot, but needs a little make over. Maybe the finish isn't great or the color doesn't match, whatever the case usually a little paint can fix it. 

On my last trip to Egypt I found this wood plaque that had "God" carved out in Arabic calligraphy. The gold paint job was bad to say the least, nothing a little color couldn't fix. 

Blotchy, spotted and uneven. 

I tested out three colors on it and wiped it right off while it was still wet. Top left, Delta/Tropical Bay Blue, Americana/Sea Glass (right) and Folk Art/Aqua (bottom) 


I used double sided tape to adhere it to the wall.

I went with Delta, Tropical Bay Blue. The It's more turquoise than blue though. Color made all the difference in the world. 



Excuse the plant, I'm in the middle of trying to revive it. 

So what do you think? A little paint really enhanced the calligraphy right? Fits nicely too just above the plant. Sometimes it's the little things that sets a home apart from others. Do you have something in your home that that is truly unique? Thanks for stopping by!

-Debora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...