Monday, November 11, 2013

Planting Flowers in a Painted Vase

Hey all! I have a very quick trick to share with you all today. Painted vases are so popular. They add a lot of color to a home in an instant and are probably one of the cheapest DIY's out there. The only problem with them is that you can't actually put plants in them because the paint will eventually dissolve away from watering the plant. So I thought of a quick fix that can work with wide mouth vases and another trick for narrow vases.

This vase was clear glass, I poured a generous amount of yellow and cream paint on the bottom. After swirling the paint around the vase and leaving it to dry upside down I got a beautiful effect. 


While the vase was drying I placed my plant in an old jelly jar (also added more soil, not pictured)... 
...and VOILA! Instant planter! Now I can water freely without ruining the paint job. :o) 
You might have noticed it in this post as well. 
Simple and cute isn't it? 
For narrower vases you could also use a flower water tube. You can find some here. Now that you have a couple of options go give it a try and let me know how it works out. Thanks for stopping by! 

-Debora 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...